In compliance with the Virginia Governor’s directive and the latest USTA guidelines, we are going to open our courts for members’ use only, effective Monday April 27 on a trial basis. In order to maintain a safe environment while open, please remember to adhere to the CDC’s social distancing guidelines as well as follow the rules below. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep our tennis courts available for use.
Before you go to play, you must read the CST Tennis Court Rules and Operating Procedures below and sign and email the CST Tennis Provisional Rules Agreement back to [email protected]:
CST Tennis Provisional Rules Agreement
CST TENNIS COURT RULES AND OPERATING PROCEDURES
(Effective May 22nd until further notice. These rules and procedures are on a trial basis only and will be reviewed daily. Members’ adherence to these guidelines will help to assure continuation of the courts remaining open)
WE RECOMMEND YOU VISIT THE USTA LINK FOR PLAYING TENNIS SAFETY TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Hours of Operation – Monday through Friday, 10 am to 8 pm, and Saturday and Sunday from 9 am to 6 pm. There will be a pro onsite during open hours to oversee the court reservations and assist with any members’ needs.
- Reservations Required – Make reservations through your Esoft account (only one reservation per day) on a first come, first serve basis. In addition, for each family’s first time to reserve a court, they must sign THE TENNIS COURT PROVISIONAL RULES AGREEMENT. CLICK HERE TO PRINT AND SIGN THE CST PROVISIONAL RULES AGREEMENT AND EMAIL BACK TO t[email protected]. Club may cancel any reservation due to weather conditions up to 30 minutes prior to scheduled time of play.
- Cancellation of Reservations – To be fair to other members please cancel/make changes to your reservation at least 2 hours in advance.
- Limitations on Play – Each member is allowed ONE tennis reservation per day.
- Check-in – Each person must check in at the desk outside the tennis office before using the courts. We will have a signup sheet but please bring your own pens. Members should not go to the courts before their scheduled reservation. Upon completion of play, all players must exit the tennis facilities – do not congregate in the parking lot or pavilion.
- Restrooms – For hygiene purposes, restrooms will be closed, and members won’t have access to it.
- Guest Policy – NO GUEST WILL BE PERMITTED. Except for Guests that sign up for semi private (2 players) lessons with TopNotch Tennis for non-family members are now available with agreement to an additional waiver. Please sign the waiver prior to the first lesson and email to [email protected]
- Court Condition and Amenities – No benches, water jugs, trash cans, score boards, or court sweeps will be available on the courts. All gates will remain open during the day during hours of operation, so members need not handle the gate doors. Members are required to clear the courts of all their belongings, trash and balls before they leave.
- Semi-private (2 players) lessons with TopNotch Tennis for CST members from two separate households are now available with agreement to an additional waiver. Please sign the waiver prior to the first lesson and email to [email protected] Here is the waiver:
Chesterbrook Tennis Lessons Waiver for Members from Two Separate Households
Rules for Play and Conduct:
- COVID 19 – Members should not use the tennis courts if they are experiencing any of the symptoms associated with COVID 19 or have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 in the prior two weeks.
- Clinics and Teams – There will be no clinics or team practices.
- Singles Play – Singles play court time will be limited to 60 minutes. Please mark and pick up your own balls. Refer to the USTA Guidelines above.
- Doubles Play –Doubles will only be permitted amongst the same household family members. Court time will be limited to 90 minutes.
- Lessons – Only CST approved Pros are allowed to give individual lessons or group lessons (limited to family members only). The Pros will pick up all balls or provide a ball hopper for players to use. Ball hoppers will be thoroughly cleaned after each lesson.
- Hygiene and Social Distancing – All players should thoroughly wash or sanitize their hands before entering and after leaving the tennis courts (Members should also expect to bring their own hand sanitizer, and/or disinfectant wipes). Players must adhere to all current governmental and CDC social distancing rules (e.g., six feet distance, not gather in groups of more than 10) and otherwise avoid direct contact with players both on and off the court. Please take all trash when leaving the court. Also, we strongly recommend that you do not touch your face until you’ve had a chance to wash or sanitize your hands thoroughly.
- Water Bottles – Members need to bring their own water bottles and remove them upon completion of play. No water will be available on the courts.
- Ball Machine – Ball machine rental will not be allowed during this period.
- Tennis Balls – Each player (or family if playing together) must use their own tennis balls and/or clearly mark their balls. Players must only serve with their own tennis balls. See USTA guidelines above for handling balls.
- Changing Ends of the Court – Players are encouraged not to change ends of the court during play or change from the opposite side from their opponent(s).
- Failure to Comply – Any member found to be in violation the rules will be subject to a suspension of playing privileges for the entire family, and to all other penalties permitted under the Club’s Bylaws.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep our tennis courts available for use.