Tennis During Pandemic
In compliance with the Virginia Governor’s directive and the latest USTA guidelines, all of our courts are now open. In order to maintain a safe environment while open, please remember to adhere to the CDC’s social distancing guidelines as well as follow the rules below. We appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep our tennis courts available for use.
Before you go to play, you must read the CST Tennis Court Rules and Operating Procedures shown here:
CST TENNIS COURT RULES AND OPERATING PROCEDURES
(Effective May 22nd until further notice. These rules and procedures are on a trial basis only and will be reviewed daily. Members’ adherence to these guidelines will help to assure continuation of the courts remaining open)
WE RECOMMEND YOU VISIT THE USTA LINK FOR PLAYING TENNIS SAFETY TIPS AND RECOMMENDATIONS:
- Hours of Operation – Monday to Sunday, 8 am to 10 pm. There will be a pro onsite during the day to oversee the court reservations and assist with any members’ needs. In the early am and late evenings if there is no pro present, members will be required to use their keys to open the gates. Please make sure to close the gates when leaving the courts.
- Reservations Required – Make reservations through your Esoft account (only available to full club members – one reservation per day. Summer members are eligible to participate in Fall and Spring tennis classes but cannot make reservations outside of the summer months). Courts are available on a first come, first serve basis. Club may cancel any reservation due to weather conditions up to 30 minutes prior to scheduled time of play. You may not make reservations more than 2 weeks in advance.
- Cancellation of Reservations – To be fair to other members please cancel/make changes to your reservation at least 2 hours in advance.
- Limitations on Play – Each member is allowed ONE tennis reservation per day.
- Check-in – Members must wear a mask as check-in and will check-in at a table outside of the tennis office. A reservation through Esoft is also required. Members should not go to the courts before their scheduled reservation. Upon completion of play, all players must exit the tennis facilities – do not congregate in the parking lot or pavilion.
- Guest Policy – NO GUEST WILL BE PERMITTED.
- Court Condition and Amenities –In the early AM and late evenings if there is no pro present, members will be required to use their keys to open the gates. Please make sure to close the gates once you leave the courts. Members are required to clear the courts of all their belongings, trash and balls before they leave.
Rules for Play and Conduct
- COVID 19 – Members should not use the tennis courts if they are experiencing any of the symptoms associated with COVID 19 or have been in contact with someone with COVID 19 in the prior two weeks.
- Singles Play – Singles play court time will be limited to 60 minutes. Please mark and pick up your own balls. Refer to the USTA Guidelines above.
- Doubles Play – Doubles play is permitted with not more than 4 players on each court. Court time will be limited to 90 minutes.
- Lessons – Only CST approved Pros are allowed to give individual lessons or group lessons (limited to family members only). The Pros will pick up all balls or provide a ball hopper for players to use. Ball hoppers will be thoroughly cleaned after each lesson.
- Hygiene and Social Distancing – All players should thoroughly wash or sanitize their hands before entering and after leaving the tennis courts (Members should also expect to bring their own hand sanitizer, and/or disinfectant wipes). Players must adhere to all current governmental and CDC social distancing rules and otherwise avoid direct contact with players both on and off the court. Please take all trash when leaving the court. Also, we strongly recommend that you do not touch your face until you’ve had a chance to wash or sanitize your hands thoroughly.
- Water Bottles – Members need to bring their own water bottles and remove them upon completion of play. No water will be available on the courts.
- Failure to Comply – Any member found to be in violation the rules will be subject to a suspension of playing privileges for the entire family, and to all other penalties permitted under the Club’s Bylaws.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep our tennis courts available for use.