Lap Swim Policies (updated June 2022)
- Lanes are available on a first-come, first serve basis and cannot be reserved.
- Lanes are available to any member of any age and at any time, as long as they are swimming laps. The exception is during adult swim, where anyone under 16 cannot be in the upper or lower pools.
- Both the upper pool and lower pool are 25 meters long and have backstroke flags and all lap swimmers are encouraged to utilize all dedicated lap lanes within the facility.
- Private lessons, either for developmental or competitive improvements, can use lap lanes during open times of operation.
- During times of increased lap swimming interest, everyone must be willing to accommodate others. This includes being able to swim with up to three people and/or “circle swim,” as well as sharing a lane with an ongoing private lesson. Those not willing to abide by this guidance should vacate their lane and choose to swim at a less busy times.
- Members are encouraged to ask a manager to assist in resolving any issues related to lap swimming that may arise.
(703) 356-4471 (during pool hours)
1812 Kirby Road, McLean VA 22101-5230
PO Box 494 McLean VA, 22101-0494