There are many ways for members to enjoy swimming at Chesterbrook’s three pools. Laps, group and private lessons for children or adults, swim team, and swimming for fun and fitness. Some fun facts about swimming from swimmingpool.com:
- Swimming strengthens the heart and lungs.
- Swimming works out all of the body’s major muscles.
- Swimming helps reduce stress.
- Water’s buoyancy make swimming the ideal exercise for physical therapy and rehabilitation or for anyone seeking a low-impact exercise.
- Swimming is a great cardiovascular exercise because you are moving against the water’s resistance, which is over ten times that of the air.
- An hour of vigorous swimming will burn up to 650 calories. It burns off more calories than walking or biking.